Eye Exams with our Manhattan Beach Optometrist
Eye exams are an important way to safeguard the health of your eyes and ensure that you see clearly for academic work, job tasks and activities you enjoy. Regular eye exams can help you see better at every stage of life. At Look! Optometry, our Manhattan Beach optometrist offers comprehensive eye exams, along with a range of other vision care services.
When to Schedule Your Eye Exams
Children should receive their first eye exam before preschool and a follow-up examination when they begin kindergarten. Thereafter, they should see the eye doctor every two years to ensure good vision for academic work. Health experts recommend an annual eye exam for all adults, with more frequent exams if you have a health condition that may affect your eyes. If you are having trouble focusing on work tasks, are noticing changes in vision or have concerns about your eye health, schedule an appointment with your eye doctor immediately.
What To Expect During An Eye Exam
Your Manhattan Beach optometrist will do a number of tests during your eye exam.
- Visual acuity testing will detect how well you see and if you have refractive errors that cause distorted or blurred vision.
- Pupil evaluation will determine how well your eyes adjust to changes in light. This may be done with or without dilation drops. Your optometrist will advise you if dilation should be done.
- Peripheral vision testing determines how well you can detect objects in your side vision.
- Color vision testing detects color blindness or whether you have color distortion due to cataracts, a clouding of the lens of the eyes that occurs with aging and other factors.
- Analysis of visual systems determines how well your eyes track movement and how well your eyes team together.
- Intraocular pressure tests determine if you have increased pressure within the eyes, a condition that could indicate glaucoma.
- Inspection of the entire eye structure to find abnormalities that could indicate early signs of disease.
Schedule a Comprehensive Eye Exam at Look! Optometry in Manhattan Beach
Dr. Ryan Stybel uses his extensive knowledge of optometry to provide quality vision services for patients in Manhattan Beach, CA and nearby communities. We offer examinations, contact lens fitting, designer eyewear, vision therapy, management of eye diseases and emergency care. Call Look! Optometry today at (310)-796-5665 for an appointment to have your eyes examined and learn about the best ways to care for your eyes at every age.